How to choose a business registration office address when registering a foreign company?
The business premises and registered address of a company are the places where the company settles down and gets on with its pursuit. A good registered address is an important cornerstone for the follow-up market development and branding. In addition to its superior economic radiation capabilities, convenient transportation, and economic and trade environment, it must also meet the company’s own market positioning and business direction.
Nowadays, the pace of attracting investment is accelerated all over Shanghai with high-rise buildings and clusters of enterprises row upon row. Everywhere seems to be full of gold and good opportunities. However, it is very unwise to arbitrarily choose a registered address if you are new to the city and haven’t done enough research on the investment environment and locational advantages in Shanghai.
I. Consider the legality of the registered address.
- 1. Trade-type foreign-invested import and export trading companies need to rent from a formal commercial office building for registration. You need to sign a lease contract with the lessor for more than one year. At the same time, you will obtain proof of property ownership and rental invoices. (Our company can provide a virtual registered address with charges. )
- 2. Registration of foreign-invested production companies. The registered address must be a factory building, and you need to apply for environmental protection approval and obtain an environmental assessment report. Issued by environmental protection authorities; if it involves a constructive project, you should present the “Address Selection Statement of the Construction Project” and the “Permit for Planning of Construction Land” issued by the urban planning and land authorities, as well as the company’s registered land use permit.
- 3. Housing types cannot be residential, villas, and apartments.
- 4. For service-type enterprises, our company can provide registered addresses.
II. Comprehensively consider various factors and choose a registered venue.
- 1. Generally speaking, the office environment, house rent, and convenience of transportation are important factors that affect your choice of registered address;
- 2. When selecting a registered location, multiple factors should also be taken into account, such as the tax support policies of each district, the government’s hardware facilities, the characteristics of the industry you are engaged in, and future development plans.
- 3. As changing the location of a foreign-funded enterprise’s residence needs to be tax cleared, the procedures are rather troublesome. Therefore, it is recommended that you determine the long-term registered address at the beginning of the investment so as to avoid the trouble of relocation afterwards.